Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle accessories resellers?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Nucleotide, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Good afternoon all.

Does anyone know of any resellers within Australia of motorcycle accessories - jackets, gloves, boots, helmets, other small accessories and so on?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Ray.

2. I think there are few on here.

Takamii for one

3. Please elaborate?

Peter Stevens is a reseller, my local shop is a reseller...

Do you mean distributors?

4. I thought the likes of Peter Stevens and local bike shop would be retailers. A distributor might be a company in charge of distributing the parts to retailers on behalf on the manufacturer. Resellers being a retailer who can also provide other smaller bike shops with reseller (discounted) pricing so they can on sell the product.

So I guess I'm after a reseller or possibly a distributor?

If I was to start a business for example, who would I buy the parts and accessories from in order to resell them?

5. More than likely from a factory or wholesaler in China.

There's several websites listing all sorts of stuff you can buy bulk from China, you can also find a lot of them trading on the likes of eBay (only need to contact them and see what sort of deal you can get buying multiple items).

Sorting out things with customs and the tax department is the hard bit.

6. Get a listing of past bike expo stall holders - you'll find lots of the "middle men" mobs you're chasing.

7. Ficeda acessories come to mind. They import a lot of goods
    I thibk monza imports as welll
    Tgese are off the top of my head cant think oF any others

8. I have a folder at home when I was looking at doing at this with a list of distributors - most said outright they wouldn't give me a pricelist till I gave them the address of the store.

Most of them are nice enough and happy to meet with you, they will also help with stands etc for a fitout if you were thinking of a physical store. But being able to do your homework is difficult without a complete price list.

Best of luck with it.

9. You want distributors. Most of these come with MOQ's & lots of conditions though.

Buy direct from the US, put on a small margin & supply great service: you'll be laughing.

You will piss off a lot of dinosaurs in the industry though.

A discount from a reseller might only be something along the lines of 10-15%, which will not be a viable business model for long. It will also mean other shops can sell it for cheaper than you can buy, very hard to be competitive.

10. If you are going to import - have a scroll though ali-baba or similar, there are plenty of items available from pakistan of quite good quality. You can also have your own label etc and look to be a distributor yourself.

I had a look at this option also, its good in that you can have your own designs or simply modify the colours etc of their existing ones. You can also choose CE rated stuff or whatever you like really, leather or textile in all mc clothing. The start up is fairly minimal and some of the sellers there already have suppliers in Aus and actually come out here so you can meet them face to face. They are also familiar with how to import and can at least help with some of the initial leg work.

Its a good option but basically restricts you (at least initially) to a clothing store rather than anything else.

11. I would avoid AliBaba like the plague.

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/46835/OFFICIAL_LIST_OF_FRAUD_SCAM_COMPANIES_IN_ALIBABA.htm

http://alibabascam.com/

12. ^ you can still find some good resources there. As mentioned I contacted a guy from there and met him Melbourne where he supplies a store. I wouldn't be prepared to deal with anyone from Ali-baba or any other site without being aware of their real credentials. The truth is though that for clothing (rather than parts, helmets etc) its easier to a certain degree to do it this way rather than with local suppliers.

13. Thanks a lot for all the information - it's greatly appreciated. I've a had a PM or two come through as well which has also been great.

(y)