Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike Track Days in Madras (India)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by [FLUX], Feb 19, 2006.

1. Saw this article in the newspaper here today, and found it very interesting.

Snapped a photo of it and uploaded it so you can read it. Details the first ever open track day at the local race track here at Madras.

For the most part, motorbikes here in India are 50-150cc vehicles, that are only ever used for transport. They are not a device of leisure like they are for us. They do still love their motorsports though, but leisure use of vehicles is a luxury that's beyond 99.999% of the population (remember that 1 billion people live in India).

I really loved one guy's bike I saw here. Was yer standard 100cc suzuki commuter style bike, but all done up with Joe Rocket and GSX-R stickers, so that it had "GSX-R100" on the ducktail. I wished that I had my camera with me then to catch that one.

Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.employees.org/~slf/India/madras-track-day.jpg