Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike touring book

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Panthus, Jan 27, 2008.

1. I vaguely recall seeing a book at the motorbike show that was of all the great roads for motorbikes in either nsw or australia. Does this book really exist and if so does anyone know what it's called and where i can get it?

Thanks in advance

2. Hmmm, there are so many good books for touring around australia.. take a look at “Australian Motorcycles Atlasâ€, it has 100 top rides in it plus detailed maps of australia written by HEMA maps… it is ring bound for easy turning of pages and to keep the book in good condition.. it’s also small enough to put in a good tank bag like “motodry†… I took this atlas with me when I travelled across australia…

What I also took with me was copies that were out of a book called, “australian road tripsâ€, by ian read … this book is fantastic… it’ll give you kilometres, timing, what to see while travelling, what services there are in the towns you travel through.. approx $$$ in motels, hotels and parks.. phone numbers of accommodations and much much more…

Get both of them and you’ll need little if not anything else.. ;)
  3. Thats awesome, exactly what i had in mind. Thank you very much!!!
  4. no probs... :) ... here's a "small" sample of the “australian road tripsâ€, book

5. Both are available from our online store

And I see Panthus has already bought her copy.

Excellent, it's bagged up and ready to ship. It will be posted today.
  6. Got the book and loving it! Have to love the publishers taste when the guy on the front cover is riding my bike right down to the colour. :grin:

Thanks a bunch!! Oh and thanks for the magnets too! They will most definately come in handy.
  7. +1 on the Hema Maps book, it is excellent
  8. +1 for "Australian Motorcycles Atlas" also :)