Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike tour, anywhere on the planet...

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Wallsy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Gday all! Howzabout that cricket ay... jeeesus!

I'm looking to draw on people's travel knowledge here. The situation is...

I've got six weeks off in the not too distant future and wanna do a motorbike tour, anywhere on the planet. I've ridden motorbikes all around India and S-E Asia with mates and no itinerary which was awesome, but I wanna try a tour this time.

I've travelled most of South and Central America and I'm not particularly interested in the States or developed central/Western Europe... I'm more interested in 'different' kinda places. I guess that leaves Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

So...

- Who's travelled these parts of the world on two wheels?
    - Any tour company recommendations?
    - Any other suggestions?

Cheers for any hot tips or ideas!

2. What about South East Asia? Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos etc etc etc

I hear some of the roads are amazing, and Ive seen the pics of the stop over destinations!! wow!!

I haven't actually done this but some friends have and I intend to do in maybe this year.

3. I hear Globebusters recently ran a tour that goes through Turkey, Iran, the Stans and China. It won't be cheap though.
    I can recommend Turkey, but I didn't do an organised tour.

4. there a aussie based group who do tours in cabodia
    http://cambodiamotorbiketours.com/

my 16yr old sister is currently over there with a charity through school helping out in orphanages

5. Get onto jdkarmch (sorry if I fked that up John) as he's done Vietnam etc I believe. Good source of info. Also look though roads and touring diaries as there are a few write ups there.

Hope you get to ride the road less travelled!
    Cam

6. #7 slideways, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Sent you a PM. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers for the ideas... a couple of good suggestions. I've ridden through Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos etc, so they're out.

Titus... that mob have some good ones, but as you said, $$$. Turkey's a good call, definitely an option. When you were there did you rent a bike or buy one? Any tips re: that?

9. Doing a similar overseas trip so there's some good tips above.

Our group has been looking at Edleweiss Tours and Oz Motorcycle Adventures (I think that was their name...) that do some pretty extensive tours all over the world....

Our trip will start with TT/Wales, UK, France, Spain, Portugal ending with hopefully a GP in Italy....

10. Epic.Trip.Will.Be.Had

Bastard.

Well, maybe see you at the TT ;)

11. I bought an old shitter MZ, but I wouldn't recommend it :eek:
    It was years ago, and the slow moving paperwork process meant I never did complete the transfer. Just sold it for a little cash at the border.

I know someone who rented from these guys:
    http://www.2wheeltravel.com/Motorcycle Hire/turkeyhire.htm
    with no problem.

There are a number of companies that rent for their tours (Compass, Ferris etc.) and I think BMW run tours.

Southwest coast is a dream, anywhere inland is a challenge, Cappadoccia is a must, the southwest is scary.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tasmania fits your seeking criteria well.
    and nice roads