Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike servicing in Eastern Suburbs of SYD

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by notorious_nick, Nov 20, 2007.

1. hi guys.
    im new to motorbiking. if anyone can help me with a good mechanic in the eastern suburbs of syd who charges a fair price and does a good job, it would be great if you could let me know.

afterall ... im just another noobie with about 1 month experience and a low budget, so i cant really afford to get ripped of for a bodge job.

any help is good help
    cheers!

2. welcome mate :)

get yourself along to an Eastern Suburbs coffee meet :wink:

as for good mechanics in the Eastern subs, that's a tad hard... Avoid Close like the plague, there's Flywheels in Alexandria which has a good rep...

Personally I take my passport and travel out of the Eastern subs to Artarmon and go up to Lloyd Penn. He knows his stuff, and has a very good rep.

Mostly I do my own servicing on the bike, and only go to the mechanic when things get beyond my level. It's a good idea to get the service manual for your bike and do stuff yourself. You'll save a bundle in the long run :)

3. How about telling us whatbike you ride??

As James said avoid Close, and definately avoid Phil at BMS (Beaconsfield Motorcycle Supermarket) Honda on Botany rd as they charge full on, but leave parts off or loose.

Ron at Flywheels is an excellent mechanic and does work of a standard hard to find from others, he also just picked up the city Kwaka dealership. The downside, Ron charges full retail prices, but remember you get what you pay for.

Brendan and Mark are good at SPM in Taren Point, Brendan is a very nice bloke always willing to help out and prices are reasonable just compare what he quotes with others and if he charges more tell him, he will try hard to win your business.

Personally I use Ron at Flywheels because I'm anal with my bird, and Ron races one and rides a 2nd one so he knows the bike inside out, and thats assuring knowing a 1-2nd year apprentice isn't working out how or what to pull down to do a particular job with the risk of farking things up.

Again as James said LLoyd Penn is very good, again he charges more than some but does the job right.

4. i got a little honda cbr250rr.
    im just wondering about a mechanic because im gonna need to go for rego soon and i need a new back tire too.
    sounds like that flywheels place is the place for me to go because you would be dreaming if you thought id go further than i have to, yet as i said, i dont want to be ripped off or have a dodgey job done on my bike.
    i live in maroubra by the way so i guess botany road isnt too far to travel. thanks for the advice guys.

cheers