Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike Riders Survey MELB ONLY age group 35-60

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by goddie, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Folks just got this below, I have asked for specifics on what is considered 'OUTER METRO' feel free to contact Janice via mobile or email tho.

MOTORBIKE RIDERS
    Please let me know:
    whether you are on a full licence or probationary licence
    what type of motorbike you ride
    whether your motor bike is primarily for recreational use or your main means of transport
    how often you ride your motorbike
    Men aged 35-60 who ride motorbikes and who live in outer metropolitan areas.
    Monday 2nd July 6pm Sth Melbourne, up to 1 hour, $80
    Monday 2nd July 7:15pm Sth Melbourne, up to 1 hour, $80
    --
    Janice Emmins
    Market and Social Research Recruitment

Direct: (03) 9857 4716
    Mobile: 0425 64 0425
    Email: janiceresearch@gmail.com

2. Found her. She is the contact person in some studies of learner drivers for Vicroads.

edit. contract researcher:

Could be working for anyone, but has done work for Vicroads.

3. Questions posed to the surveyor....let you know the answers I get

Who is the survey for ?

Who else is likely to benefit from the information obtained ?

While I fit your demographic exactly, without the answer to these vital questions I would not even consider participating.

4. Answer received....TAC and MUARC are behind this survey...

participate / provide information at your own peril...you know it will be used to screw over motorcyclists (again).

excerpt from emails sent/received....

On 29/06/2012 7:09 PM, Janice Emmins wrote:

"Yes

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Mike <XXXXXXer1@gmail.com> wrote:

No need to be cagey about it....is either question answered in full or part by ...TAC.....MUARC....????

On 29/06/2012 5:37 PM, Janice Emmins wrote:
    > HI Mike
    > Thanks for your response. Could you call me on 9857 4716 please or let me know your contact number and I will fill you in with what I know about it.
    > Regards
    > Jan"

5. Thought I could smell the stench of MUARC. They're hardly subtle. Isolating a massive demographic of riders in order to provide a specific set of results in line with the TAC's agenda.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Participating in "motorcycle rider surveys" is tantamount to treason.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anyone wilfuly participating in this farce will be castrated and have their balls hanging from their nostrils as a reminder

• Like Like x 2
  8. Why of course I support atgatt, hel I even think wearing full fluro over garments as a necessity!

Beige enough?

Where's my fkn 80 bucks ya cahn?

9. Hey yeah... good point on the fluoro gear. While we're on the topic, I'm 28... ahem.. I mean 35 years old... and I think that all bikes should be fitted with a full monocoque body, four wheels, ABS, seatbelts, side impact bars, airbags, a Toyota badge, and one of those faded stickers from the Drive Right campaign from a few years ago. (gotta keep the safety love rolling)

10. I'm interested to know what this is all about and what the questions are. I think we need to some folks "in the know" to participate. Joe Schmo who doesn't know any better is going to be trapped into self incriminating the rest of us.

Tappedouttalking, Android style.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMO even those 'in the know' run the risk of having their replies taken out of context :(

Any participation runs the risk of giving their desired results statistical significance. Population statistics don't work with a sample size of zero, and that's probably the safest way to be.

12. I totally hear ya, but unfortunately they aren't only recruiting from NR. Sigh. Kinda screwed if you do and screwed if you don't.

Tappedouttalking, Android style.

13. I'm going to one of these as a result of me challenging TAC on their claims of rider consultation when putting together the last campaign. I'm taking notes on how the process is conducted, with a particular focus on how feedback is collected, such as whether people give free-form answers, or whether answers are 'guided' (eg did this ad make you think about speed?).

I've already noted that their selection process has some fairly concerning aspects to is, not least the fact that due to the absolute lack of trust held in the TAC many experienced riders won't have anything to do with this process, meaning that the TAC will not hear from their most stringent critics.

PS Thanks for the offer smee but you're too late... I'm married.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Interesting demographic. Males only. Outer suburban and no under 35. No over 60s either but I assume there are not as many, although who knows with Ulysses types there may be a few. Wondering exactly why they are targeting this group?

Certainly not taking bikers from all groups.

15. Well I think I fit the profile but got no invite :(( I think I will do a [MENTION=14639]smee[/MENTION] on this and say sorry $80 is not enough

16. Trying to find reasons behind an increase in numbers of riders in that group?

<cynic>
    (so that they can target a campaign to counter said increase?)
    </cynic>

It does seem kind of odd that their requirements would be so specific. My guess would be that it's because of some sort of disparity in the injury stats that they're hoping to explain, or find ways to target, but I guess it could be anything really... it'll be interesting to hear what the_blacke finds out.

17. If only. Problem is, you're never going to get zero. Eventually someone will participate, and there's no telling what they're going to say.

It's a hard call. From experience, MUARC will design their questions so that ANY answer can be used to support their pre-arranged conclusion. And that conclusion ALWAYS supports more repressive police enforcement.

Best option IMO is to find out what the questions are, refuse to answer them and then look for evidence of prejudicial design. The_blacke - remember that you are not under oath before you answer anything.

18. Would you say this age group are more then likely to be weekend only motorcyclists? If i can remember correctly from the TAC thread they were planning on targeting "weekend warrior" type of riders in there next campaign.

i don't meet their criteria. Can you just attend and grunt for the answers? :p

19. Phuck ya's

I could use the $80........
    In my opinion, they can pay for my opinion and then use it however they like. It dont mean sh(i)t to me

OZ

20. Really? If the whole thing is as skewed as everyone on here seems to think it is, it wont ****ing matter what I say, they will draw their own conclusions.

I might as well get $80 for showing up.

OZ