Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike Parking in Avalon

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by fmu, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Hey, does anyone know of the parking situation for motorbikes at Avalon airport? Thinking about taking Jetstar to Sydney for a weekend and wondered if they have any special arrangements. I found a thread on Tullamarine but nothing on Avalon...Thanks!

2. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: O-K. I take it this is not a popular topic, lol. I'll just have to get a lift...in a *car*! oooooooooooooo :grin:
  3. I rode there the other day for a look.

There does not appear to be any undercover parking.

The place is fairly "remote" the car park is well off any major road, it sees bugger all trafic, I'd leave my bike there for a weekend.
  4. Thanks for the link, you would have thought I'd have found that by now after spending so much time on that site... :? Doh.
  5. Thanks vic, good to know about the lack of undercover parking. Might get a lift after all...
  6. A mate had similar thoughts with regards to his Monaro. Last day in QLD before flying home, car parking mob calls him, starts off with idle chit chat regarding his holiday, how's the wife and kids, etc.. Then he got around to informing the mate that his car, well, is now wheel-less.

Apparently crooks got in, broke into one car, got out the jack from it, and then used it to jack up the mate's Munro to remove all 4 mags... Then dropped it onto the ground.

It was in a supposedly secure compound near Tulla.

So, I'd be reluctant to rely on any long term parking for security, and Avalon sounds just a little too "remote" for peace of mind.
  7. I'd have to agree with you there. Can't enjoy your holiday fretting about your bike/car
  8. I've heard from a few people that the car park is very dusty and if you leave your car there for more than a few days it will be coated in a layer of dust.

I haven't heard of a crime spree out there though so it might not be too bad.