Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

motorbike mechanic [ACT]

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by raman_ra, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

Went today to have a look at a second hand VTR250 in Canberra today. From my perspective, no major problems, but being a first time buyer, I want to get it checked by a mechanic. If anyone knows a good motorbike mechanic in Canberra, could you let me know? Prices etc. would be helpful. I just need a look-over.

Thanks in advance

2. Which suburb is the bike being sold at? ACT motorcycle mechanics have a set rate for pre-sale inspections. I think it's about $47, but I could be wrong..

Bruce's Motorcycle Repairs is in Mitchell; reasonable prices, no bull. They know their stuff, particularly if the bike is an older one.

Look up the yellow pages at Motorcycle repairers, and ring around. See which prices you like, and how helpful they are.

If you're in Fyshwick, it's a very good idea to swing by Suspension Smith and see Laurie to check out your suspension. Chances are he'll do a quick look over for free... He does the best work in Canberra if you need your suspension changed in any way..
  3. cheers, ang :)

bike's being sold in watson, so i'll prbably go to mitchell
  4. CMC Fyshwick do pre-purchase inspections for cheap, plus they also do them on Saturday as well, not sure if the CMC Mitchell workshop is up and running yet.
  5. Nice to see another newby in the ACT :)
    Thanks to those who provided the info, itll come in use for me as well
  6. You were abducted by aliens too, huh? :p