Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike jack - where to get one?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Kowai, May 29, 2009.

1. Hey guys

I don't have a garage or really a place to store anything to jack my bike up - I just need something portable and relatively cheap. I was wondering if anyone would know where I can get a portable jack at all in Melbourne? :) My bike, unfortunately, lives on the street at the moment so I need something thats easy to use so that I can lubricate the chain. I've heard of the Tommy Jack but I have to order it.. I'd rather just go and buy something outright.

Ahh the joys of renting.. Can't wait to move and get a garage!
  2. Get an Anderson bike stand, google will turn up a dealer near you.

Alternativley, there's some great DIY solution on here, do a search.

3. Yeah I'm just worried about DIY cause I'm in an apartment so I don't have access to storage room, alot of room to work on my bike (its on the footpath), and access to bits and pieces :LOL:
  4. whay bike is it
  5. Actually nevermind, I found out that a centre stand kit is $110, and I figure thats not too bad so I'm going to get one of those :)

Some jacks are so expensive, I'd rather install a centre stand than buy one of those..

Its a Hyosung Aquila GV250 :)
  6. Repco have bike lifts for $159.

They support my 340kg cruiser, so your Hyo will be safe as houses!.