Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

motorbike 'jack' for lubing chain

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by kyan, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Is anyone familiar with a product like this? Are they practical to use? I have a sv650 and lubing the chain is a pain.

2. I wouldn't trust it enough to be sticking my hand under the tyre :shock:.

What's wrong with just using a paddock stand?
  3. or a cinder block, or a milk crate etc
  4. Set about a major chain clean in Tassy with my patent pending rock and spanner paddock stand... tie off the front brake though.

or this more recent variation:

5. Yep. Have one in the garage.

I had the bike sitting on it for a few hours whilst I took the wheel down to have a tyre fitted.

It is secure, cheap and very efficient.

Of course I no longer need it as the K is a shaft drive ;)
  6. I think they are designed to be portable so you can do your chain when you are travelling.

get a paddock stand for home
  7. per-zackerly
  8. That second pic is HUMUNGOUS!
  9. Didn't want anyone to miss the bricks! :LOL:
  10. Gee, I remember many years ago a thing called a centrestand. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't get it.....why are they optional or not even available these days???? Does anyone really think that in the real (on-road) world that the weight of a stand down low under the bike is going to make any discernible difference to performance or handling? You'd see more benefit from having a good crap before you hit the road!!!!!!!!!!!