Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorbike boots need them/don't need them?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by mick No:8, Nov 6, 2007.

1. I'm new to riding and don't know what I need. When I ride I always wear runners as this allow me to find/feel the gear/N alot better. Last night I was at Peter Steven and saw that they where having a shoes/boots sale, The one I saw and like is the AlpineStar mx-3 (black). How many people here wear riding boots while riding?, how do they feel? Sorry about being alittle long winded. :)

2. :lastweek: :WStupid:

3. Sorry for re-posting this question, Couldn't find it in the forum, thought it got move.

4. get some boots.

always wear them when u ride.

unless you want smashed up lower legs when accident time comes.

helps keep all the bits together, see?

5. Know a guy who recently came off... he hit a signpost with his foot.

Broke a couple of toes, but the doctor said without boots he wouldn't have a foot.

Just remember when you buy boots and you've been wearing something else, you're going to mess up gear changes for a day or so, but you do get used to it.

6.  Top
  7. Feet / ankles / shins. Like 'em / don't like 'em?

Apply that logic to all pieces of riding gear. :wink:

8. Motorbike boots need them

9. Motorbike boots don't need them

10. Looks like Supernego's been hitting the bottle early today. :p

11. :beer: hik***hick*** ohhhh i lov ya mate**** hick :beer:

12. Consider the effect of sliding down the road, with the shiny parts of your beloved bike protected from the tarmac by your leg.

Would you rather your leg and foot be covered in protective leather and kevlar, or cloth and cardboard?