Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motor Oil for CBR600RR

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by randy_andy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Hey guys,

Looking for advise from riders with CRB600RR. What type of motor oil do guys recommend? Does it really matter what you use and can it affect the performance of the bike?
  2. NOOOOO!!! NOT ANOTHER OIL THREAD!!!! :evil: :roll:

There are as many opinions as there are riders. IF you can't do a search and make up your own mind, then go and ask your local bike shop where you buy your oil. They'll tell you the most appropriate out of what they sell. And that will be FINE.
  3. I prefer vegetable oil, or peanut oil for my stir-fry.

Sorry, what? :p
  4. Lube...hey, it has more than one use ;)
  5. Look in the manual. Use anything that conforms to the specs it gives you.

Much more important than brand or hype is keeping it fresh and clean.

Good quality filters and conservative change intervals.

Years ago when everyone I knew ran late 70s Jap bikes, the guys getting good engine life were the ones doing 1500 mile oil changes. Which was great for me 'cos I'd get their scrap oil to use in my old Land-Rover which was burning a gallon a week at that point :oops: .
  6. You need special CBR 600 oil, Honda actually had to write a special specification just for these bikes. :roll:
    Seriously, RTFM.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. On a serious note tho, im about to do the 1st 1000km service on the 10 and the guys recommended Motul oil. He did say that, being so thin, it would make the engine a bit noisier. Anyone used this oil? Is it a big difference as the 10 is already quite a noisy engine?
  8. If you're sure thats not to early for full synth, it wont make any noise difference to a fresh engine.
  9. I wouldnt have a clue as to whether or not its too early. Thats just what he recommeded for me. HE said that or the Sikolene which in his opinion, wasnt as good as the motul.

Will have a good chat with him tomorrow when i get there.
  10. There is nothing wrong with the Motul brand. I'd be changing the oil no probs, but feel it's to early for full synth. Worth asking the mech.