Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotoGuzzi Stelvio 1200

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JohnG., Nov 11, 2006.

1. I think I saw the third one at the bike expo this year. Gawd it was horrendous!
  2. Hey John.G - are you in Melbourne?

There's a guy on a Capo I see some mornings on the Monash, just wondering if it's you. :)
  3. Nope...Wagga Wagga NSW...
  4. Gotta say I like the look of the Capo. It's surprising you don't see more of them, really.
  5. YUUP...surprising really...afterall,its has a detuned RSV motor...you cant kill it....and handles as good as any dual trailie or naked roadie...Absolute shit-hot fun in the twisties,once set up right...front fork springs are way too soft.I fitted five 3mm flat washers into the top of each fork leg & have the rear shock set on the standard two-up (Book) setting...which suits my 195cm/105kg frame just fine...under hard braking the front brake doesnt stop like a road bike,but could be just the tyres...panniers are plenty big enough & easy to take off/on...theres still a few about in Dealers,new or low klms like mine and cheap as...Enjoy :grin:
  6. Apologies...that link went down...