Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotoGP Qatar [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by removed-6, Mar 9, 2008.

1. WOW, the two noobs on pole(Lorenzo) and 2nd place(Toseland) on debut!

Rossi outdone by his nemesis Lorenzo on michy's.(thats gotta hurt) :LOL:
    Casey 0.8secs behind in 4th
    Michy's in top 3 spots on the grid
    Westy DEAD LAST! :cry:
  2. Didn't have to flag it as a spoiler, cos it's up on the official website, but thanks anyway
  3. wow, that comes as a bit of a surprise. Can't wait for the race tomorrow morning. Hopefully Westy can improve on his qualifying spot.
  4. lorenzo is to be expected, hopefull the 25 clams i put on him to win the championship pays off

5. But Toseland? He's gone under the radar a tad, i havn't seen much about him in the media.
  6. Michelin had great qualifying tyres last year too. Don't mean nothin'. :)
  7. Yep. Michelin, for all their supposed troubles last year with the "woefully pathetic" results of finishing 2nd and 3rd in the championship :roll: often had the pole-sitter position. Michelin make better qualifying tyres, and time and again we saw that meant nothing during the race.
  8. knew Westy wasn't going to be on front row after his comments after practice at Losail but didn't think he'd be starting from the last row on the grid...

Interested in seeing how much Michelin step up their game this year with race rubber and if they broaden their rubber to match Bridgy's and last the distance :-k

Hopefully we're in for an interesting season and not going to be subjected to a string of processional races like last year...
  9. You can guarantee that the tyre and engine people didn't have Christmas holidays.
  10. The fact that it's all Yamahas on the front row would suggest to me that maybe that new pneumatic valve engine might have the welly Rossi's been missing. And yet Stoner has still soundly out-qualified him. Race day will indeed be interesting!
  11. Don't know... looks like Honda's guys may have if they were considering racing with the '07 RC212V :p and Suzuki having an 07/08 hybrid for Qatar...

Gotta go stock up on the keep awake pills so I can watch the coverage live from 3:45am :shock:
    For the smart ones just wanting to watch the main race that starts at 7am
  12. Race day is always interesting, Loz. You must know that by now. Any wonder that the Coburns wont drink with you!

13. [​IMG]
  14. Couldn't help myself
  15. He has been quietly working away. Poncheral was very happy with the progress he was making and is now even happier.
  16. Maybe Edwards will finally win one, though I wouldn't count on it.
  17. Is it the change of riders or the change away from Dunlop that has made the difference for Tech 3?
  18. He had his chance in 06 and blew it on the last corner. I can't see him troubling the podium at this level, on that bike. Pity, seems like a top bloke.
  19. I reckon he'll compete for the top step on the rosstrum a couple of times this year, but can't see him finishing better than a second... He's supposedly had a new lease of life after leaving the Fiat Yamaha team so could possibly take a win before exiting the MotoGP circus?? :-k

I think it's a combination of all the above plus the new engines... Don't think they'll take out the championship but they'll strip quite a few points away from the Fiat, Marlboro and Repsol teams!
  20. Hell of a race early on!

Slick start by the 30kg midget on the Honda too.

Aussie book ends, 1st, and last two after West had a shocker and CV pitted with tyre problems :( .