Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC MotoGP Accommodation

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mjt57, May 24, 2008.

1. There's a campground of sorts near the track. It may be on Gap Road. But I cannot seem to locate it on the web.

If anyone's familiar with it and if it has a web presence a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

2. 53 views and no responses. SURELY there must be someone who's familiar with this accomodation. I'm buggered if I can find any links to it at any of the tourism sites related to Phillip Island, the Grand Prix or otherwise.
  3. No-one knows, that's all. Don't berate us.
  4. Yes I've been there with the BMW club Icicle ride, the Ulysses club use it too. It has a building with showers and a kitchen and dining area and a stage for bands.

Also has camping in the paddocks near the shed.

I can't remember what it's called and I can't remember how to get there which is why I hadn't answered earlier.

It was a stopping point on the Icicle ride a few years back... someone may remember.
  5. Thanks, G-S. I know the details about the place, ie. Gap Road, camping and cabins, etc. but I'm buggered if I can find a web presence, or even a basic link so I can call the people to enquire.

I shall continue my quest. Perhaps something will turn up.
  6. A mate and I are riding from Perth to the GP this year arriving on the Saturday and staying two nights. We've got camping gear with us so can book a spot at the track campsite, but was wondering if anyone else had a spare spot in a backyard or shed, after riding 3500km, we won't be staying up too late! Willing to pay for the privilege.
  7. why not stay at the track campsites? it's half the fun!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MJT, sorry, but I can't tell if this was your original query, or if it was clipped out of another thread.
    There is plenty of camping areas at the track, in two main campgrounds, but their details should all be on the Australian MotoGP website.
    If you are looking for other accommodation or camping sites, there are quite a few caravan parks at PI.
    I can't help with a backyard.
    I did have friends living down there but they've moved back to Melb.