Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotoGP 3 Demo Released

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by koma, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Just giving everyone the heads up that the MotoGP3 demo has been released. The download is a 157mb file, and it comes with 2 tracks, a couple of riders, and 4 bike classes (one of each to try).

MotoGP 3 URT Download

Negatives:
    -initial impressions are that its not much of a step up from MotoGP2.
    -still faily poor physics (although the modders of MGP2 are keen to fix that!)

Positives:
    -graphics have taken another step up with DX9c implementation looking pretty schmick! (lighting blooms, nice reflections, etc etc - i've got a nVidia 6800nu and i run it at 1600x1200 with everything maxed & 4AA/8xAF)
    -new game modes include night racing through some weird tokyo floating road thing; but its alot of eye candy and quite fun!
    -Gran Prix, 600cc, 1000cc, 1200cc bike classes provides a good range of bikes, although all of the ones NOT in the GP class are fictional but based on real bikes ;)

I'm still hanging out for the full release. :D

2.  Top
  3. 200k per second? That sounded fast to me until I looked at my download speed from iinet - 850k a second.

That's just obscene. Gotta love this iinet connection...

4. I think I'll wait till it comes out on a magazine cover cd!!!
    :)

5. yous bastahds.

I can run faster than my download speed.

It's the next model up from this one

:evil:

6. My download speed is OK, but I'm getting close to my download LIMIT for the month so I think I'll wait.

Us old blokes are patient!!!

7. I just saw MotoGP4 for the PS2 at Target today.

8. Explain that

Dan, you'll have to explain THAT, probably more than 50% of the forum has never SEEN a modem, and certainly not an old 300bps model. I suspect you may be foxing a bit, though!

9. Re: Explain that

nup - 28.8kbps internet - orrible.

My only option where I am is ISDN or satellite, and I'm not willing to fork out for either. :roll:

10. Ahh the good old phone coupler modem.... got one of them kicking around somewhere!

LOL

Greg