Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotoGP 06 - Rd 1 - Jerez (ESP)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by VtrElmarco, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Soon the never ending wait will be over. After days of testing the bikes are now honed to perfection as MotoGP is set to blast off for 2006. We can all stop arguing over the little things in life such as the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, terrorism in Iraq and is a Hyosung GT250 better than a Honda CBR250.

We will now be able to argue over much more important things like will Dani be fast, has Suzuki got there act together (my opinion is no…) or should Sete ditch the unshaven ruffled look. Very un-Ducati you know.

I have stopped robbing service stations out of boredom and will hope to bring you a little preview of the race at the fantastic circuit that is Jerez. There must be 240 different pronunciations of this circuit’s name which is situated out in the lovely country side in the south of Spain. It is a fastish flowing circuit that still contains several hard braking points that really test overall machine setup.

It has played host to some truly memorable moments in GP history. Who can forget Rossi and Sete colliding on the last corner on the last lap in a massive battle of wills. Gibernau was never the same man again. One thing is for certain, if Sete Ginernau, Carlos Checa, Tony Elias or Dani Pedrosa manage to upset Rossi, get up and win come Sunday, there will be rioting and looting by the crazy, drunk Spanish fans. It is a long day in the sun for all them and they have plenty of fireworks and flares to unload before staggering home.

Both Rossi and Edwards struggled in the dry test sessions at Jerez complaining of bad chatter in the Yamaha. Were they foxing? Both cannot be discounted come race day. One suspect area with there times is that Bridgestone may actually have a better tire than the Michelins now. This could pose some good news for Ducati and Kawasaki. Suzuki still don’t have much of a hope though despite the Bridgestone qualifying advantage, but I would love to be proven wrong. I wish Chris Vermuelen the best of luck on the Suzuki, because he is going to need it. It is also good to see Casey Stoner in the premier class, but a massive lack of testing will hurt him for the first half of the season. Stop crashing Casey!!

A few guys who could come from nowhere could include Loris Capirossi, Marco Melandri and Nicky Hayden. Both have been quietly lapping fast at the tests, and are the leaders in there respective teams. Shinya Nakano will always be strong for Kawasaki, and he has a great new talent in Tony Elias backing him up.

It is also good to see Kenny Roberts team make the grid, but it is a real shame to have lost Sito Pons team for a year. MotoGP take note as the grid is shrinking.

Well finally I can sit back and bask in the glow of a 240 Hp motorcycle as the world’s best and fastest riders have there first hit out at one of the worlds greatest motorcycle tracks.
  2. Re: Jerez 2006 - The First Hit Out

...and 239 of 'em are wrong!

I reckon it's pronounced "Herr-eth", with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable.

(Nice post, btw).
  3. Moto GP - Spain

Just got my weekend Fox Sport update and we have the following to look forward to on Sunday night :grin:

26 Mar Spanish GP LIVE 7.45pm (Fox 1)

As usual Channel Seriously is replaying it at some ungodly hour on Sunday night :roll:
  4. I don't have Foxtel, but if anyone in the eastern suburbs who has it would like company Sunday evening I'll bring the grog!
  5. also don't have foxtel and dead keen to watch this. also kinda/sorta eastern suburbs (hawthorn east - does that count?). have wheels, will travel. i'll bring the nibblies :)
  6. It's on Channel 10 after sports tonight...
  7. yeah great - 11.30pm-2.30am! hence the callout to those with foxtel!!
  8. I've got monday off :grin:
    Hopefully celebrating a cricket GF win - perfect nightcap :cool:
  9. Gotta love Fox! Well worth the $72 a month... especially if you're a League & Cricket fan.

It was a bit annoying watching the Phillip Island SBKs, having to wait 3 hours between races though. Damn live broadcasts! ;)
  10. OK, the call is out.

If anyone from the Deep South (ie, Mornington Peninsula etc) is interested, I'll have the Foxtel turned on Sunday. :grin:

PM me if you're interested.
  11. Interesting qualifying results:

Nakano :shock:
    Rossi :shock:
  12. Wow, ducati city.

Looks like I might have to tape it or something, I can't be stayin' up that late!

...Or can I... :grin:
  13. I'm glad Gibernau's on the front row.

It gives him another sporting chance to lose his home GP! :LOL:

14. I love my foxtel \:D/
  15. Damnit I'm WORKING at foxtel now. But 'cause I'm a contractor they don't give me freebies!
  16. Thanks VtrElmarco for the great preview. So how competitive is Stoner's bike? He qualified 15th on a LCR Honda?

Also on Fox you get all three races :cool:
  17. So what time should we all roll up then Vic (mate, buddy, pal...)? :LOL:
  18. Fox Digital all the way :D
  19. Im too far West for you lot :p
  20. If you have a fast net connection you can watch it on motogp.com..

This season is the first time ive subscribed to the live feeds and its really good... You get to watch the practice seasons and qualifying which you dont get on foxtel..