Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotoDry carry bag

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by undii, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Yeah, good one, imagine you took time and had 2 working arms!

2. Nah, my 90 yr old grandma could've done better! In 1/2 the time.

0 vote(s)
  3. No idea. I didn't bother looking, I don't like you!

0 vote(s)
  4. What's a poll?

0 vote(s)
  1. As posted in another forum, with some extra comments to make it more on topic for this forum.

Well, since I know I'm off to the GP now [I wasn't sure due to my arm/shoulder injury but with the new brace and the improvement, I feel good to go! yay! ]

Anyway, deciding about what I was gonna take, I knew my backpack alone wouldn't take enough for the 4 days I'm going so I thought about buying a tank bag or carry bag on the back. It hit me I bought such a bag years ago and have got in storage somewhere about the house. After 10-15 minutes searching, I found it, did a wazza the gimpy engineer hack job to fit it to the bike. And I think it only took 15-20 minutes as well to think about placement, putting it on the bike and tweaking the strap things.

The (almost) finished product is below. I still need to clean it up a bit but it fits in ok, not too distracting. It looks uneven on a pic or two just because I had a pile of books I was taking back to the library which was heavier on one side. That said, I may put stronger stuff under it to make sure it stays even, but who knows, the pain in my arm might make me decide otherwise on doing more engineer stuff

I did a test ride with the books at a spirited pace (saying that, I couldn't believe the lack of traffic around my way around lunch time today, Saturday. I usually am at snails pace along the roads I rode today. AWESOME! Bag held up good, I'm pretty sure it will do me proud for the GP. Saved a fair dollar by not needing a tank bag or carry bag of any sort
    Ta da!

(Pics taken with my phone so don't expect quality photos ok?)

Pics at http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/undii/daytona 675/bike bag/

:grin: If you have any questions, fire away. I *think* from memory, it was $80 to $100 from Brighton bikes and bits 3ish years ago? Link is here :grin:

And I added a poll for fun. If you wanna "pay me out" with it anonymously, be my guest. As the old saying goes "Sticks and stones..." :wink:
  2. Funny, one vote and it is "Didn't bother looking, I don't like you" ;)