Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motocysz: Birth of a Racer - Discovery Channel

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by The Snow Dog, Apr 14, 2008.

1. I just finished watching this doco about the MotoCysz MotoGP wannabe (not meant disparagingly) on Discovery.

It's being repeated at 8:30am...well worth a look.
  2. eerrgh!

It was just a barely-concealed advertorial for the company! And poorly made too: the sound, the way it was shot - amateur hour.

Anyway good luck to them anyway!
  3. i really enjoyed it. was quite interesting to see the process people go through to make a motogp bike. the most interesting parts were the design of the front fork and the engine, really simple but quite revolutionary
  4. Actually, your royal highness, it was shot just like any other discovery channel doco. Well, most of them anyway.

Sound was bad? Did you really expect 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio to be included in an inexpensive doco? Sound was fine.

I would hardly call it an advertorial for the company. In fact, most of the program was showcasing all the problems that the bike had.
  5. is that the one where he planned to race it at laguna?
  6. :LOL:

Did you get my email Scotty?
  7. Ah bugger!! Yeh i did dude. But I was drunk and didnt write back yet.

Will look at it again shortly! Sorry mate!! :LOL:
  8. pity he made it a 990cc. :LOL:
  9. Does anyone know what actually happened to the company? I tried looking around but cant really find any details on what happened or if the bike is still racing