Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motocross Track Day

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Madison, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Does such a thing exist?

I try and do an activity for my birthday each year, and this year I was hoping that some friends and I could hit up a motocross track or something.

I was wondering if there is anywhere you can organise to do this as an activity for a day, similar to go karting.

I would need the place to provide bikes and gear, so a private course where you bring your own stuff won't suffice.

Is there anywhere around the melbourne area that does something like this?
  2. I guess you could hire a trail bike from one of the many places and take it to a track, Frankston or Broadmeadows?
  3. some bike shops will actually hire out motocross bikes. not sure about gear though.

you're usually going to be struggling to get places to lend you mx stuff, as its extremely likely that the bike will get fairly damaged + the gear.
  4. To use a bike on an official MX track you will need an MA license. Even on practice days. But there are a few places you can. Up here in QLD there are places like black duck so forth. There are adventure ride tours around the country. Start Googling my boy.