Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motocross in Australia

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by lippy11, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hey all,

I'm from Ireland and I've no idea if anybody can shed some light on this for me but worth a try..

Myself and my boyfriend are considering a move to Australia or the USA (which seems near impossible).

The motive of our move is to see a bit of the world, make some money and for him to try and expand his motocross career. He's a pro rider here in Ireland but for him to improve he feels he needs to move onto bigger and better tracks. America would be the best place but as I've mentioned getting a years working visa for there seems very difficult.

I myself would love a move to Australia but I was just wondering would anyone here know anything about motocross in Australia? Best areas, the competitive levels, is it big there etc etc? Any knowledge, help, info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

2. motocross is significantly bigger than road racing or any other motorcycle racing division in australia.

i can only speak from what i know most about and that is victorian mx.

In my area we have local club racing, then the region championships (13 round series), state titles, then aussie championships. ontop of that, you have the superX series plus desert evens such as the finke (out of state) desert race or the hattah.

australia isnt as tough as the states, but there are some seriously quick riders here.
  3. Motorcycling Australia is the place to look for info on two wheel racing.

The outdoor Australian Championship (MX Nationals) finished a few weeks ago after a 9 round series around the east cost of the country and the 5 round Stadium series (SuperX) starts in Melbourne in mid October making it's way up the east coast over 5 weekends..