Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moto One Closing Down?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by LadyYamaha, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Heard this on the grapevine, apparently within a week! Anyone heard anything further?

2. Been reading about this for some time on advrider.com - it seems that the downfall has been BMW and then Ducati setting up their own factory dealerships. My Dad bought a bike from them about 8 years ago and they were certainly enthusiasts.
  3. Ducati opened their store well after Moto One lost their franchise. BMW have had a city dealership for some time too.

Aside from the loss of employment for the individuals and the sadness and impact on them, I now have the choice of A1 Ringwood, or A1 Brighton for service. Wonderful.
  4. Heard on another grapevine that there may soon be a dealer for BMW a lot closer to you than Oakleigh.

And they had an aprilia in their workshop yesterday.
    Think foothills.
  5. It's a pity that moto one is going.
    Southbank BMW have lost their way.
    I went in to buy a H7 headlight lamp for my S and they wanted $24
    I told him I could get it for half that at any auto outlet and servo
    He just shrugged and took it away again as if I was invisible.
    What a coCKhead.
    Way to LOSE business.
  6. Yes it is true.
  7. Well that sucks, but they were in a spot that was hard to get to for a lot of people.
  8. Its a bit sad to read this. I liked the people at Moto One and spent a fair bit of my budget there.
  9. premises of Moto One is closed and vacant.

Pity - only bike shop anywhere near Oakleigh.
  10. Not so! True Local lists 2 others!