Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moto Guzzi Griso - the best looking naked?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by jayray, May 30, 2008.

1. I have been in a Griso dreamland for months. If I had 20K + to drop on a new bike the new Griso 8v would be ordered in a heartbeat. Could this be the sexiest naked bike ever designed? And for those without 20K, what could possibly suffice?

2. Pretty ugly without any pics????????????????????????
  3. [​IMG]

Im torn b/w cruisers and sports, and a big fan of nakeds. This bike seems to have the perfect blend.
  4. While the griso is nice and unique, i love the monster s4rs
  5. I'd have an 8v 1200 Griso tomorrow if I had $24k to spare for a bike... the trouble is I have an 850 Griso budget and I'd prefer a bit more power than that.
  6. Was next to one at the servo this morning. Huge bastard of a thing, but oh so beautiful at the same time.
  7. Nup, does nuffin for me sorry. :(
  8. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder :LOL:.
  9. I agree it looks great, because it's so impressive and dominating. Why can't we have heaps of money and heaps of garage space so we can have one of each bike we want?!?! But I'm sure I'm the only one that wishes that :)

Looks like it has a decent amount of storage under that seat too...better that my matchbox size compartment
  10. The griso's pretty amazing, but the V11 Le mans still blows me away far more. Almost the perfect motorcycle, only a V6 version of the same concept would be better.

11. I'd rather the Ducati Monster :p

I saw one of those Griso's the other day. They really leap out at you but the Monster just looks perfect.
  12. Monsters are too common, every speds got one, and the fast ones are too much hassle, the superbike motors too fragile.

With a guzzi it's an affair to last a lifetime.

I used to love the monster, but seeing it pasted everywhere for so many years has kind of diluted the magic.
  13. For $24k..... :shock:

I'd buy 4 bikes.

Or two that do everything better than the Griso.

I can't believe the premiums people pay for looks. Bikes are not handbags.
  14. I recently sold my V11 LeMans. I loved that bike :)

But in any real world comparison the new 8 valve 1200 motor will blow the V11 away without even trying.
  15. I'm fairly certain that we already established in a different thread that the Across *is* a handbag bike :LOL:
  16. There's some truth in that. I saw one on the net with clipons the other day and man... that looks the goods.

I'm not a big fan of Guzzi's at all, at least the ones I've seen. The California is probably the ugliest cruiser in the history of motorcycling.
  17. I would have to say the Centauro is one of the best looking Guzzis of all time
  18. I think Motogutless are a lot lot better than what they used to be but I'd be still hesitant to buy one. Friend had a Lemans and always had gear box issues with it, bike never liked 5th gear.
  19. Two Guzzi's I'd own without hesitation:

Regards, Andrew.
  20. For God's sake why?

They both look like arse and both slow arse at that.