Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moto Gp tipping comp

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Netrider will be having a tipping contest itself. Stay tuned. Details shortly :)

2. Should look at one for the Superbikes as well

3. seriously what kind of fool would bet against Rossi?

4. Biaggi???

5. Having a look at the current crop of Moto GP riders, no one seems to be in the same league as Rossi. Biaggi went to Honda, but Rossi made him look a fool as Rossi won on a Yamaha, Biaggi didn't. Gibernau is still with the Telefonic Moviestar satellite team and is having trouble receiving parts for the bikes. Capirossi on a Ducati, that things got stright line speed but shit in the corners and Capirossi had a worse year than Bayliss and was still kept on by Ducati, basically because Ducati sonsors wanted an Italian rider.
    IMHO I think there are potentially three riders in it Rossi, Biaggi and Gibernau. Biaggi doesn't have the mind set to be a winner, Gibernau does providing he can get the bike parts. For my money, unless Honda come up with something absolutely startling, or Yamaha go backwards in the development of their bike, it'll be Rossi for a sixth time.

6. It will be both, and maybe a few others :)

7. this makes life interesting...........

Biaggi joins Repsol Honda
    News, 17/01/05

In a much-anticipated move it was confirmed on Monday that Max Biaggi will be the official 2005 Repsol Honda Team rider together with American Nicky Hayden. An agreement has been reached between Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) and the high-profile Italian.

The four time 250cc World Champion Biaggi, from his house in Monaco, said, "Riding a Honda factory bike is the dream of every rider, even those who race for other teams. I always wanted to be an HRC pilot. Today Honda is the best way to express all my potential and all of my skills. My life as a rider restarts today."

One of racingĀ“s all-time greats, the determined and smooth-riding Biaggi has scored 42 GP wins and 56 pole positions. The 33 year old, from Rome, has his sights set firmly on the 2005 Moto GP crown.

Biaggi, still recovering from a badly broken ankle sustained in a supermoto accident last November, will ride the 2005 factory-spec Honda RC211V for the first time in Sepang, Malaysia on January 23,24,25 in preparation for this seasonĀ“s 17-round championship that starts in Jerez, Spain on April 10.

8. Doubt if Biaggi will win it this year (I think he's lost the plot) but both Edwards and Bayliss could be in with a chance...can't wait for the first race :)

9. no, this might rev Biaggi up being on a Repsol Honda.......Yamaha need to get more speed, then Rossi will be unbeatable

10. Rossi will wrap it up at the Island again, ahead of Gibernau, Bayliss and Max.

11. And Corser to break Ducati's dominance in WSBK :)

12. Yep, I doubt if Ducati will win WSB this year, should be great to watch them trying though :)

13. The tipping competition will be opening very shortly :) (Just a few coding issue's to complete)

It will be open and free for all members, so if you haven't yet got your membership card be sure to get yours now. https://netrider.net.au/?page=membership

We are looking for prizes sponsorship, so if anyone would like to donate anything for a prize, please contact us. Size/value is not important.

Entrants will be awarded points for picking podium places, and the first DNF. If you have any input you'd like to give on the rules or scoring, feel free to let us know.