Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by VICSR071, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Hi Folks,

This concerns a post I made earlier about Formula 1 Live on TV, plus practice sessions live also. At that time was only a novice still working things out - so the info was a little thin.

I was asked about MOTO GP by a few people here.

Now that I've had a play around with all the gear, I can happily report the good MOTO GP news.

Yes, you can get MOTO GP live via satellite on star sports asia.

To check out the program guide, www.espnstar.com

You'll see they have live MOTO GP and also replays at various times on ESPN STAR. Next live race is 11th July at Monterey.

Unlike coverage we get here (if at all) there's no commercials every 2 minutes, they actually cover more than just the race and it is LIVE! (well, perhaps a few seconds delay).

For details of the kit you need to receive it, they cover all the basics here http://australiansatellitetv.com/packages/starsports.htm

It's where I bought my kit from, and I couldn't be happier with it all, still going well months later and enjoying the F1 (except for the last race...)

2. And do YOU work for them :?:

As we have Foxtel/Austar that provides LIVE coverage of the MotoGp without ads and additional coverage etc etc etc.

Cheers 8)
  3. Nope - I don't work for them...it's just that they're the only place I've found on the internet that explains the whole thing simply.

There's no reason why you couldn't get the gear elsewhere.

You get MOTO GP on Foxtel...and you certainly do pay for it... $50 a month or something??? Probably more...

This way it's free! :) Once you have the gear of course.

And I didn't think F1 was on Fox? Correct me if wrong.
  4. Formula 1 is not available on either Foxtel or Austar.
    But lots of other motorsports that you won't get anywhere else is.

For example. last night in the break between the Supersport race and the 2nd Superbike race, they showed the round of the BSB from Mallory Park. Was amazing racing and some super action. Glad I diidn't miss it.
  5. I was not concerned about F1 as this is a bike forum and I was talking about the MotoGp :wink: does this service give you the Superbikes as well :?:

Cheers 8)

P.S. but you cannot get Hogan's Heroes, Mc Hales Navy, Star Trek etc on the other option either tho :p :p :p

Cheers 8)
  6. ok that covers the motorsport on satellite,

what kind of funky asian p0rn channels do we pick up? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Is it in english or chinese?
  8. I get foxtel for free :)

Wife works for them, part of her package, free foxtel.

Sweet as (okay I would be paying for it no matter what, but just so cool it's free).
  9. They used to have funky p*rn - but they stopped transmitting it about a month after I got it!

Jinxed I tells ya!

rc36Honda - I presume you have STAR sports...

Have you been watching the Isle of Mann TT? They were playing it a month or so ago...

Actually - that was probably better than the p*rn!
  10. Just had a quick sqizz. Looks like its ALL asian except a few token time slots for English. Seams pretty expensive to watch a few races $495. Plus fitting bits.

Cheers 8)
  11. Some in English, some in other Asian languages, it depends where it's held.

Is it in english or chinese?[/quote]
  12. $495 / $50 (say for monthly Foxtel Subscription) = you've paid for it in 10 months if you only have Foxtel for the bikes.

What sized wok do we need to stick on our roof to work this far south & what aprox direction does it need to point to pick up the bird.
  13. But you've only paid for the service - you don't own the gear, and never will...with this gear, you own it and can do what you like with it - including selling it...or using it to point at other satellites.

2.3M wok is required though in Melbourne. That gets you access to about 8 satellites if you want to move it around.

14. do those other satellites have funky p0rn on them? :-k :LOL:
  15. Yeah, there's some out there I think it's on the small dishes though. Not too sure as I haven't investigated it since they closed down the one on the STAR sports satellite.

16. Cant you think of anything else?

Oh, silly me, of course not :p

Although I believe Dan may be an expert in small things :wink:
  17. I only read it for the articles though. :LOL: