Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moto GP - Buy 10 get 1 free

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by pvda, Jul 19, 2005.

1. The following was found on the Australian Superbike Series web site but with the number of you that attend the Moto GP, if you got together you could save a few $$$$$.

General Admission

Adult Concession Family
    Friday Only $35.00 $18.00 $70.00
    Saturday Only $59.00 $35.00 $118.00
    Sunday Only $77.00 $49.00 $154.00

Season GA (3-days) $130.00 $74.00 $260.00

Grandstand - 3-day reserved seating

Gardner Straight Stand Main Straight $235.00
    Bass Strait Stand Turn 2 - 3 $235.00
    Siberia South Stand Turn 6 $235.00
    Lukey Heights Stand Turn 9 $235.00

GROUP OFFER: Purchase 10 Grandstand or General Admission tickets and receive a bonus equivalent ticket. Conditions apply.

Adult Concession
    Trackside – bikes & tents only $99.00 $47.00
    Highside – cars, motorhomes, caravans, tents etc $71.00 $33.00
    Powered Site $65.00 per site

Weather Shelters

Bass Strait – adjacent Bass Strait Stand $50.00
    General Admission – overlooking Turn 1 $50.00

Must be pre-booked prior to COB 16 September 2005. Does not include Entry Ticket/Access to circuit.
  2. That for the info PVDA but my dad and i already have bought Tickets in the Gardner Straight grandstand. Second Row from the front. YEAH BABY LET'S HEAR THEM SCREAM PAST.
  3. What's the go with the campground price - is that for 1 day all all three days/whatever? And I'm guessing that's per bike cost.
  4. The price is for either 1 night or 4, doesn't matter how many nights you stay, you pay the flat rate per person.
    For trackside, you can take your bike into the campground and have the bike next to your tent but if you take a car to trackside, you have half an hour or so to unpack the car and then take it up to the top carpark.
    Highside campground, you can take motorhomes, cars, bikes, trailers etc in there and keep them near you tent.
    Hope this helps.
  5. Flip, the son and I are crawling BIG time to secure a house for the GP, but if it falls through, which campground do the Netrider masses use?
    Also do you know what facilities are at the campground, not worried about toilets, there will always be a Honda to pee on, more worried about having to eat my own cooking.
  6. In order to gain entry to the Camping Grounds:
    (a) prior to 3.00pm on Saturday 15 October 2005, Patrons must produce both a valid Camp Ground Ticket and either a valid three day general admission, grandstand or VIP hospitality ticket or a valid credential;
    (b) after 3.00pm on Saturday 15 October 2005, Patrons must produce both a valid Camp Ground Ticket and either a valid Sunday only general admission ticket or a valid grandstand or VIP hospitality ticket or a valid credential.
  7. I actually camp with a different group of people at MotoGP (about 25 crazy hawaiian shirt wearing guys) but last year a few of the netriders came along and camped with us as well. We camp trackside and leave Thursday morning to get a spot along the fenceline. Depending on when you get down there, I am sure you could squeeze in an extra (small) tent near us.
  8. Found this about the "Weather Shelters", again on the ASC site.

New Weather Shelters On Sale For Polini Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix
    From Australian Grand Prix Corporation
    July 19, 2005

New in 2005, general admission and grandstand patrons going to the Polini Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix on October 14-16 can take advantage of weather shelters at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit.

Located next to the Bass Strait grandstand and in the general admission area overlooking turn one, the marquee-style shelters will have excellent views of the track plus superscreen viewing.

Offering protection from sun, wind and rain at the seaside circuit, tickets to the weather shelters cost $50, not including an entry ticket to the circuit.

With catering and bar facilities just metres away, patrons can enjoy the atmosphere and excitement of the general admission areas while remaining undercover.

With the world’s best riders set to converge on Phillip Island, fans can expect three days of sensational on-track action from the likes of MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi and his rivals Marco Melandri, Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi, plus Australians Troy Bayliss – now on a Honda, and 250cc racers Casey Stoner and Anthony West.

Complementing the GP action will be a full national support racing program featuring Australian Superbikes, Supersports and Aussie 125s.