Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MotionX GPS for iPhone

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by akaluke, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Cool little app for the iPhone
    Motion X GPS

Records where you've travelled as a 'track'. You can take photos of 'waypoints' and have them included in the 'track'. Allows you to upload the tracks to Facebook, Twitter, plot on Google Maps, email them. And more.

Shame the battery life on the iPhone is so appalling.

Here's half of today's ride. A bit boring but hey, I'm a learner.

Luke created a track using MotionX-GPS on the iPhone

Name: Track 001
    Date: 27/09/2009 3:36 pm
    Distance: 54.1 kilometers
    Elapsed Time: 1:21:42
    Avg. Speed: 39.8 km/h
    Max Speed: 96.4 km/h
    View in Google Maps (expires Oct 27, 2009 12:27 AM PDT)
  2. I got the same app for jogging training, it's really good at what it does for 4 bucks!
  3. not bad but ye your right about battery life, it is an apple after all :)
  4. I had a chuckle at this one

5. That's pretty silly given that you can select which maps you want MotionX to use:

MotionX O-Road
    MotionX O-Terrain
    Bing Road
    Bing Aerial
    Bing Hybrid
    Google Road
    Google Satellite
    Google Hybrid

6. Great app that, have been using it for a while with my phone.

pity the iPhone battery is so crap and runs out pretty quickly though.
  7. If there are any HTC G1 / Google phone users here (pfft), then Google offers an app through the market called My Tracks. Does the same thing.
  8. Thanks for pointing this out. I also love the stats as it connects to satellites. Much less painful than a spinning wheel.
    Battery life is actually quite good. It only seems to go so quickly because you are used to your phone before it, which sat around on standby and made calls. Of course you won't get more than a couple of hours when you are running 3G, WiFi and GPS signals.