Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MOST test roadworthy bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by djay, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I noticed this morning that my rear brake does not appear to be setting off the rear brake light and I have my MOST test on the weekend.

What are the chances I'll get pulled up for it during my test? Would it be something I definetelly need to get sorted before then?

2. Definitely.

3. Try some wd 40 on the switch. It is probably just stuck.

4. Please excuse my noobiness...What switch? Where would it be?

5. a spring is probably connected to your brake pedal, which pulls down on the switch

6. Yep, what chrissyben said - also won't look like a "normal" switch, more of a plunger-type arrangement.

7. They will be checking this as you bring your bike onto the course. You will have until you start the road section to fix the light, or you will not be allowed to take it on the road.

If you can't fix beforehand, hire one of theirs for the day.

8. Have you also checked that the bulb in the brake light isn't justburnt out, pop it out and put a new 1 in and see if that works

9. just squeeze the hand brake at the same time as the foot brake.

10. Forget the test, do you REALLY want the fact that you're slowing down to come as a complete surprise to the car behind you, should you happen not to be using the front too?
    Fix it, and quick.