Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Most interesting technologies used in production supersport bikes?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by dima, Mar 8, 2013.

1. What are the most interesting technologies used in production supersport bikes these days?
    How does it work?

For example: Honda's Unit ProLink:
    The upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than being mounted to the frame. With no top frame mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners. It also permits repositioning of the fuel tank lower and closer to the machine's center of mass.
    2004-honda-cb1000-upl.

Showa Big Piston Fork:
    When compared with the cartridge type piston, the surface area is increased approximately fourfold through the use of slide pipes capable of direct sliding within the piston, and the damper efficiency is drastically improved.
    Through the parallel configuration of pushing / pulling variable mechanism, the difficulty at the setting time is improved. Thus a streamlined layout with no projections becomes possible.
    detail_shock_bpf.

etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Honda's Unit ProLink:

more unsprung mass wouldn't be my first choice (but they know more than me and have tested it).

3. Yeah, I thought the same, but it's so close to the swingarm pivot that it would have neglible effect. It's a clever design the way it strokes the damper despite the damper being mounted to the swingarm at both ends.

4. Is that all we have to say? :cry:

Even no mentioning of slipper clutch, steering dumper, TC etc etc...

5. Far from supersports, but to stop the tears

mtt-turbine-superbike-920-9.

6. Don't they have valves sort of like Ducatis desmodromic system except even more space age.