Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MOST comin up.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by stevewelsh, Dec 9, 2013.

1. #1 stevewelsh, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Doing this at the end of December, any tips anyone would like to offer? Been commuting since about Aug/Sep time and covered about 2000k's so far. Feeling good about my riding. Tried laying out some cones the other day and 4m apart with an offset doesnt seem impossible, U turns seem ok.

I'm in sydney - just found the event on Sat pm, so will pop along to that on 14 Dec.

Thanks
    S

2. Sounds like u got it sussed if u have set the course out and done it. We had the best rider in our group fail because he didnt do the head checks before he took off. Don't rush, take a breath and do your head checks then nail it. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you are in or near Sydney then for sure get to the practice sessions.
    The guys there can help you out with any of the finer details.

When you do the MOST just don't hassle about it. Remember the head checks etc.
    If you happen to fail it then it's just back for the test only. No biggie.

Cone weave isn't difficult. U-Turn possibly slightly more difficult. You might get it all right doing the practice but then mess up during the test or the other way around.

And, good luck!

4. Practice u-turns and slow, slow riding. Real slow, like clutch at friction point and foot on rear brake.

5. 2nd that for the head checks. I completely forgot in the stress of the moment for the first two or three exercises and the instructor walked up to me and whispered 'head checks'. I accrued 5 points (8 or over is fail in Tassie), most of which were head check fails. I lost other point/s on the U turn, just clipped the white line.
    But I passed, thanks to a sympathetic instructor. Just completed a 360klm ride prior to our annual toy run here - great fun.

6. As has been said, HEAD CHECKS. Even if unsure do a head check anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks, head checks.. check.
    special thanks to Chris for walking me around the MOST course at Homebush even through I was really late arriving. Merry Christmas.

8. dont make any excuses. there was a guy when i went that the first thing that came out of his mouth when he got in the classroom was "my bike is too heavy". his mindset made him fail (in my opinion).
    also practice your weaknesses more than your strengths. and good luck (y)

9. To close this out - I got through and on my P's now. The hour or so out at Homebush with Chris really helped. I found that about three months of commuting on the bike (CBR250R) was enough to give me enough skill to do the manoeuvres, but it sure helped to go through it at least once before the day.

I thought of this thread when I walked into the classroom and there was one guy already saying he was worried about the cones, and what do you know? he was the only one of us to not get through. Positive thinking helps it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Congrats mate:beer:

11. Yup.

AFAIK, no one has ever been failed for doing too many head checks.