Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moss Vale Rd 17th Sept. White ute

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by philmydang, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I was unfortunate enough to be stuck in the cage last weekend. Driving on moss vale rd towards Kangaroo Valley, just passing the turnoff for cambewarra mountain rd.

Guy in the white hilux comes roaring up, overtaking me on a blind corner and then proceeding to go through 2 more blind corners ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD before heading back into his lane. I had this sick feeling in my stomach and really hoped there would be no oncoming traffic. Thankfully there wasn't, but I don't think it would've ended well for any biker (or cager) if there was.

5 minutes before that he was driving right on my arse even when there was an overtaking lane present!

Hope none of you guys had a run in with him. White hilux, yellow logos on the door, white fluffy dog in the tray. Was so gobsmacked I didn't think to get his plates.

2. What was the business name on the door, report the ****

3. Maybe we should put in a Beware of this driver thread. Coming up Springwood Road from Richmond to Springwood, I was in my cage when a guy in a silver commodore with dragon stickers on it starts tail gating me, tries to over take on the shoulder, isn't successful, as we approach the tight bends up the mountain (if you know the road you know this part) there was a straight, he goes to over take over double whites, car oncoming so he pulls back in. By the time we reach the first bend I slow right up, he tries to take an inside line and again is forced back in, it was like this the whole way up, tail gating, dangerous driving. As we round the last sharp turn he plants his foot, overtakes on double whiteys, skids almost looses it off the cliff and still on the wrong side of the road and takes off well above 120........Then 4 weeks later im on the bike and the same driver does it again, only this time as I got to Springwood he turned off to go down the GWH.....Next time Im reporting him after memorizing his goddamn number plate.

Anyone in the Blue Mountains, Richmond, Penrith area encountered this guy? As before drives a Holden Commodore, possibly a VX, Silver, St George. Illwarrra stickers and flag?

4. there's an abundance of mavericks in tradie-type vehicles in the Southern Highlands, I ride and drive round here with the radar on "Full".....