Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Morons are everywhere

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by slik50, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hi,

This was not an issue for me, I was in the cage at the time but it pised me off all the same.

I was pulling into a right turn bay about to turn across two lanes of traffic.

I noticed a motorcycle in the oncoming right lane and a car in the oncoming left lane. I decided to let them go because people usually travel well above the speed limit in this section of road (down hill and 80km zone).

Anyway the car in the left lane indicates to turn into the same stree I am. This seems to be the invitation for the car in the sidestreet to pull out across my path (I was waiting anyway) but the guy on the bike had to do an emergency stop to avoid hitting it.

the biker stoppd on the median strip, while the car did not even realise he almost killed someone. The good news for him is he saved almost 20 seconds by not waiting for me.

Why can't people be more patient?

2. because some people are just selfish a*seholes..
  3. Because no biker in the world is worth 20 seconds out of a car drivers' life. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Remember that when you're out there.
  4. I don't know if it's cause it's the last day of the easter long weekend or what but there are so many damn hoons out there atm. :evil:
  5. Yea, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary about your story, been getting pretty bad lately, i'm seeing more and more of it now that i'm driving to work (finish at 3.30pm, contend with tradesmen and parents taking the kids home)