Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mornington / Flinders Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by MelbourneMick, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Heading towards Flinders from Mornington.
    Intersection of Mornington/Flinders Rd and Sharnds Rd
    Large pothole from centre and across a fair section of the lane.
    kept left!

Heading from Flinders to Mornington

Approximately 200 meters before Keys Rd
    A new tar patch has been laid but has left a ridge...almost gutter like effect of about 4" in the middle of the lane. This will stuff you right up!! BEWARE!

Ride safe
    Cheers
    M

2. Thanks heaps mate. Pot holes around this area area ridiculous. Literally one day after they "fix" them, they are back and bigger than before!

3. I think myself, kenman & streetmaster 'might' have checked the depth of those last time we were there. :p

Funniest thing was that there was a sign posted next to the pothole and not a few meters before it.

4. I will hopefully be on this road again on Friday morning. Will keep you posted

5. plenty of crap like this on the long straights on the peninsula, I expect it now.

6. both hazards mentioned in my initial post are still the same as of 1000hrs 09/09/11

7. i think i've hit that ****er too. was like being kicked in the nuts.
    theres a fair bit of clay on some roads down that way too. that shit is slimey