Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mornington / Flinders Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by MelbourneMick, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Heading towards Flinders from Mornington.
    Intersection of Mornington/Flinders Rd and Sharnds Rd
    Large pothole from centre and across a fair section of the lane.
    kept left!

Heading from Flinders to Mornington

Approximately 200 meters before Keys Rd
    A new tar patch has been laid but has left a ridge...almost gutter like effect of about 4" in the middle of the lane. This will stuff you right up!! BEWARE!

Ride safe
  2. Thanks heaps mate. Pot holes around this area area ridiculous. Literally one day after they "fix" them, they are back and bigger than before!
  3. I think myself, kenman & streetmaster 'might' have checked the depth of those last time we were there. :p

Funniest thing was that there was a sign posted next to the pothole and not a few meters before it.
  4. I will hopefully be on this road again on Friday morning. Will keep you posted
  5. plenty of crap like this on the long straights on the peninsula, I expect it now.
  6. both hazards mentioned in my initial post are still the same as of 1000hrs 09/09/11
  7. i think i've hit that ****er too. was like being kicked in the nuts.
    theres a fair bit of clay on some roads down that way too. that shit is slimey