Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Morning all....

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by samsme, May 20, 2015.

1. ther newbie here....
    not due to a mid life crisis though. ...
    just asserting some mid life "me time" .
    Still haven't decided on a bike yet. Was considering the yamaha xv250, but have since been advised the 650 may be a better option.
    My main concern is amount of weight to control.
    Any guidance very appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR!

3. Welcome, general advice is to sit on a number of bikes to see what fits. Are you short or tall etc will determine if you can flat foot the bike and that will give you much more confidence when starting out.

4. G'day samsme, welcome to the forum. I agree with CJVFR's advice to sit on a variety of bikes to find out which one feels right. If you're particularly into cruiser motorcycles this will narrow the field of LAMS models available.

5. Hey samsme, good to have you with us. I'm sure you'll find your answers on NR somewhere. Jethro and Ellie May did

6. welcome aboard :] try them all and get the one you like best. 250s are great fun and not necessarily just a stop gap till your off the Ls

7. Welcome to NR...