Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More waiting

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Pockets, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I was warned about a bit of a wait to get my bike registered at Vicroads. Called up Friday to book an appointment and was told 04/05/2012 was the next available time ](*,). Told them my r/w was going to expire and they said I had to get another one. I was not happy with this so I got a bit angry at the guy on the phone and ended up wanting to speak with his manager, he came back and said that the r/w had been extended to 60 days due to the delays in registration.

Still not freaking happy about the delay but the r/w thing distracted me from being angry about the time frame.

Anyway probably won't make the practice session on the 5th but will try and make it on the 12th.

Rant over.

2. Good outcome with the extension of the RW but I feel your pain at the wait involved :(
  3. Waiting is part of the new world order.

Be thankful you are not waiting for medical advice.
    Std seems to be wait for 4 months for an appointment, to arrange tests, then wait another 2-3 months for them to look at the test results, then order more tests, or refer you to someone else, with a 3-4 month wait to see them.
  4. Have you tried Sunshine? they are usually quicker than that.
  5. Yeh mate, Sunshine didn't have anything until the 04/05 also. Ended up getting the appointment at Melton though.