Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

more silly chain qustions

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Drew, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Well this weekend is the day for Chain lube #0001

just want to make sure i've got it right

clean chain with kero.
    dry chain

lube with chain lube.

I have been told that the Nulon "factoryline" lube is good stuff.... so where do i get it?? Prefferably west/north of the CBD.

2. You should only clean your chain if it particuly dirty. You risk washing dirt in and wrecking seals.

Generally just use the spray lube on a regular basis.

Chain washing is more of a dirt bike thing.
  3. ok well the chain is reather clean.... so guess i should just lube it then.
  4. Ive got 13000 on my chain and ive never cleaned it, it is loose as all hell and hanging off the teeth of the rear sprocket, but a few K's on it for the lack of care i gave it, I did lube it every now and then though.
  5. buti like maintaining things..... i'm a fiddler and fixer.

i also find its cheaper to pay a little now and on an ongoing basis that a huge bill when something goes wrong.
  6. I'm with you, Drew. I like to keep my chain in good condition, particularly since I spent a fair amount on it. I clean it every month or so (basically when I remember) and try to lube the chain every 500kms (it's supposed to be 300 as per the manual, but I keep forgetting).