Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More red faces on climate change (sic)

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Jan 25, 2010.

1.  Top
  2. Just because the UN couldn't find a beer in a bar doesn't mean that extreme weather events aren't linked to climate change (nor does it mean they are of course).

Never the less evidence is slowly being gathered which does hint that could be the case (which I find somewhat more concerning that 50 year sea level risings).

3. I'm sure the folk from Pavlopetri had the same concerns. It just goes to show waters have risen and receded in the past. They're rising noticeably to us. It won't be stopped nor will the dropping of the water level when that happens again.

4. mate if anyone believes in climate change the the government have already brain washed you, what a crock

5.  Top
  6. CO2 sequestration has attracted a lot of funding in recent times. I'm not so convinced about the process and think it's a wank but that's only my opinion. I have no facts to back it up. If people want to lock up CO2 then how about not excavating so much coal or pumping oil or gas of the ground in the first place? It'd mean we wouldn't have to find a solution to a problem we created and would also mean we'd have to make a quantum leap in our source of energy. I'll concede that someone is trying to make some sort of a difference in the (presumed) transition period.