Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More Power? Less weight? WSBK Performance? Yes please

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by corrupt_tiki, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I have been reading up on the announced Aprilia RSV 4 and I must say I am very impressed.

Aprilia Is claiming 200bhp, from a Litre Bike.
    It is Aprilia's first 4 Cylinder Bike.
    Will takeover the RSV 1000 series which is set to discontinue at the end of this year.
    Haven't been able to find any info on the street legal version. yet.
    65degree V-Four powerplant.
    Can't seem to find any specs....

But this bike will mark Aprilia's entry into the WSBK racing series.
    Will it be a world beater?

What are your thoughts?

2. There, fixed it for you.

Who cares? 1000cc V4 Italian Superbike? Hell fcuking yes please. And they're quoting 200+hp for the racer, not any road version.
  3. #3 cejay, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  4. Yeah but that 200+bhp is coming from the same powerplant so it should be fairly easy to get it from the stock road engine.

ie, chip it and derestrict it? race pipes, pistons maybe.
  5. You should look up what's done to WSBK bikes. A Ten Kate Blade costs over $150,000.
  6. One good thing about this bike is that unlike other performance specials like Desmosedici or the upcoming WSBK BMW bike, which apparently will be sold in just enough numbers to satisfy the regulations, this Aprilia will go into regular production. There will be no artificially imposed limits on the number of units produced, so everyone who can afford it will be able to get one... not that I'm likely to be one of these people :(
  7. Except it doesn't look like it will have a pov pack version. Full spec or no bike. And that will mean serious moolah.
  8. #8 VtrElmarco, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  9. Cejay, you're right there will be no pov version, but that's the way it should be, Aprilia, Ducati, MV Augusta, all race bikes, all european, all highly tuned, all expensive. (esp the gusta!)

If you want a pov version buy the gixxers, ninjas, and blades, thats why japanese bikes dominate the market, and the european superbikes only make up a small percent of it.

You can't have all litre bikes restricted to +330km/h, off the shop floor.....

There'd be noone left to ride them.
  10. Some new pics [​IMG]

Road version.

No word of a price, but probably stupidly expensive.
  11. the above is a failed picture post :LOL: