Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More noobies arriving

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Kryt, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys im new around these parts , have had my L's since December and have not rode 1 minute, no money for bike sigh, but been saving my pennies and shall have 1 shortly hurray.

i have all my gear which is good, brand new agv gp pro helmet, avgsport leathers , some hornee jeans, Rjays Cobra gloves and Edge boots
    just cant wait till D day when i get my first bike :D till then i will lurk and try to be apart of the family here at netrider

2. Hey Kryt,
    First and foremost, congrats on your L's ! A real shame you haven't had a chance to ride since passing this initial course. Good to hear you've got your riding gear squared away but if you can, try and put all things you learnt into practice on a friend's bike ? Hire bike ? though the latter goes against your solid attempts at saving.
    Stay safe and well and practise, practise, practise when you get a chance.
    Welcome to Netrider mate (y)

3. Welcome to Netrider, and soon to the road :).

4. mm its been rather annoying having the license and not being able to ride lol, so very keen to get on a bike. hopefully after a some back street practise and can ride on roads not scared shitless, will meet up with some other sydney siders for some day rides

5. Welcome mate

When you do get a bike - Enjoy that initial "shit scared" feeling when you hit the roads for the first time (y)

And then when you've got a bit of confidence come and join us at the Homebush practise sessions.

Fun Ha!

6. whats the deal with the homebush practise sessions? is it just around the stadiums and car parks ?

7. See this thread mate...

https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=97506

Practise the MOS Test elements with a few experienced riders offering their help and a few other less experienced riders helping out.

Often followed by a ride afterwards that is suitable for less experienced riders.

Great to meet a few Netriders and also to practise for your MOST Test - As well as get your slow riding skills up a fe levels.

Fun Ha!

8. Welcome in mate :)

9. o sweet that would be awsome, well when i get my bike (within next week or 2) ill muster up enough courage to ride on over to homebush

10. Welcome to Netrider. What sort of bike are you planning on getting?

John

11. not entirely sure yet, looking at spending about 2grand no more :( sucks, had my sights on a few types, Across,GPX250, zzr250, cbr250 i guess it comes down to what i can afford and if i like how it looks :p

12. Welcome in Kryt. We'll be seeing ya then (y)