Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More, more and more issues :D

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by RedWings01, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

Me again. I know. This time I was riding and I noticed a burning smell coming from somewhere. I'm not sure if it is my bike or not but I want to be safe then sorry. I'm also not sure if my radiator fan is working. Ive actually never looked to see if it turns on or not. Spend around 30 mins or so riding through traffic start stop kind of thing but the fan never turned on. Does the fan make that big of a deal? Id expect it to turn on after 30 or so mins in traffic but nope. This being a noob question, if the bike is at excessive temps will the temp light come on?

Also, my engine is now making a tapping noise when I release the clutch and put it in gear. When clutch is pulled it goes away. But other than that it clicks. I think its coming from the clutch but not sure. Should I worry? Didnt notice any problems at all other than the sound. It only started to happen a week ago. It used to make a tapping noise in 5th gear but now does it in every gear.

Oh and when i think of it, another issue. Sometimes when I park my bike and put it in neutral, it falls out of neutral. Like only when the side stand is down. If I tap the bike a bit, it will fall out of neutral. Only if I put the bike lightly on the ground it stays in neutral. This only happens sometimes, not often but enough that it annoys me.

Thanks again guys. Loving this bike. Everyday there is a new issue that happens.............. maybe I should just take it to the mechanic for a full service lol..... gotta start learning how to keep my bike in top shape. Nothing better than you fellows on netrider. Been great help so far :).

Would love to return the favour when I actually know how to fix things on my own bike :).

Thanks again and sorry for all them questions.
  2. Sounds like you got a clutch problem.