Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

More Like Recycled Than New

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RobE, Sep 18, 2007.

1. G'day, my name is Rob. I am a grown-up, I live in Ferntree Gully and I have just returned to riding after a 20 year break. I used to have work cars so it did not make sense to pay for transport.

I set out to buy a three-seater jet ski but when it came to crunch time I just could not bring myself to part with $10,000 to $15,000 for a toy that would only get used a dozen times per year.

Then I was gunna get at least a 500 but after having a ride of Kerry's huge Yamaha I realised I had forgotten quite a bit about clutch, accelerate, steer, brake, etc.

The neighbours who might have spotted me zooming up their drive and across the lawn after attempting a kack-handed and death-defying U-turn would likely agree.

Jeffrey Honda was just down the road and the cheap black CB 250 was calling out for me to take it home. Previous rides, all borrowed someone else's were Suzukis or British or weirdly European. In a strange snobbish way I never previously saw myself as a Honda rider, but that seems OK now.

It is starting to all come back to me, and I am remembering useful things, like put the key in the ignition, do up my zips, velcro, buttons, etc, etc, and zip up the rack bag before I put my gloves on.

Thanks for having me, and thanks for the useful answers to my dumb questions.

2. Rob, from a (now) 58 year old who came back 2 and a half years ago, after a 20 year break, a sincere and happy welcome to Netrider :). This is a great bunch of people and must be one of the best sources of knowledge on things motorcycling in the known Universe :LOL:.
  3. And a great place for stupid questions, there alot! And I've been the source of many.. hehe

4. I have to ask.... were the 20-year breaks voluntary????? :grin:

usually 20 years means wife-imposed ban or gaol. Some would say there is no difference.....

...and I thought 3 years without a licence was hard.

Don't think I could handle a long stretch.

welcome back.... & look after your bones :wink:
  5. Welcome RobE :grin:

So true

6. Have fun 'Rockin' on the CB 250 - I dont mind that ride myself - still haven't decided :-k

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Nearly forgot..... WELCOME :)
  7. Now that I can relate to!

Welcome :grin: