Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

more like a Twist of the SCIENTOLOGIST

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rdkls, Jul 29, 2009.

1. I notice in the front of both ToTR books Keith Code thanks none other than everyone's favourite paedophile sci-fi writer and money-making cult leader L Ron Hubbard .....
    I also noticed one of the early chapters in #1 is entitled "you become a scientist" or so ......

In #2, he thanks specifically his "key to life" course, which apparently focuses on improving "communication"
    (obviously later focusing on the standard taking-all-your-money-and-isolating-you-from-friends-and-family we know and love)

Which might explain his bizarre habit of defining everyday words.
    Wow, fcuk scientology.
    Germany had it right when they classified it not as a religion but a business.
    That is all.

2. Hmmm. That explains the wild eyed zealots at that track near Cowes.
  3. Wikipedia: Keith Code
    It appears I'll be avoiding his books too (for better or for worse...)
  4. I always knew there was something wrong with that bloke. I've never read any of those books, I learned to ride on a motorbike.
  5. Nice detective work - you just gave me a good chuckle! :grin:
  6. Pffft, doesn't mean what he's got to say on riding is shite, just don't wait around for the mothership is all.

7. Yes, that drove me nuts. I'd happily pay $10 more for a copy without those definitions. I see the footnotes and I just /have/ to read them, even though I know they're useless cruft.

Perhaps he put them there to shorten every page and thus push up page count? To satisfy his publishing contract perhaps?

Anyway, TOTW2 is a good read apart from that one incredibly annoying factor.
  8. Welcome to Last week…
    Here at Netrider people have taken the piss out of KC for his association with the Scientologist weirdos.
    That being said, he breaks riding down to some basic principles that make riding confidently safely and quickly an achievable goal for everyone.
    Any one who has read anything I have had to say on religion knows I have little respect for it, but I’ll say upfront I classify Scientology as among the worst of the worst (Only beaten by those doomsday cults with there mass suicides (F#$kwits))
    But irrespective of his stupidity when it comes to religion, he has some good $hit to say on riding.
  9. +1 to FL - All religion is a business, and at least doomsday mass suicide cults are self regulating. The only thing I got out of KC's books was another view on some particular tecniques, may re-visit the books when I can afford track days.
  10. Why should you care about his religion?
    Like it or not, he is damn good at teaching the art of cornering and that is all I care for reading his books or attending the school.
  11. Oh that is gold!!! thankyou. They do tend to have a high turnover of members. :LOL:
  12. I'll have my book finished soon, it'll be written in typical Aussie fashion; no crap. My book will be much more complete than any of Keith's books, and much easier to follow.
  13. :) i like it

i learnt by falling off and then not doing the thing that made me fall off again
  14. advance copy my way? :wink:
  15. Ahh that explains some of the passion behind some of his believers. He obviously uses some techniques in his teacher (whether inadvertent or not).
  16. Does Tom Cruise being a Scientolgist make him a better or worse actor?

If Margaret Fulton was a Scientologist, would it make her cook-book more or less credible?
  17. Well he doesn't seem to be getting any better at it with age, like most actors do. So maybe scientology has messed with is (limited) ability.

then again Mel Gibbson's acting went down hill after he became a practicing god botherer too.
  18. Mel Gibson's respect (from others) went down also, albeit his acting career, when he decided to leave his wife for a younger woman...tsk tsk .. Now THAT seemed to p*ss off many.....probably not as much as his former wife though...
  19. It makes me less willing to give him my money, irrespective of his acting skills... The only reason I would not want to see scientology banned is because I know that would instantly make it more credible.
  20. +1 - N4R.............Name of upcoming masterpiece???????????