Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

more fly boy vids - Blue Angels !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Thanks Micky, I even have a blue angels watch! Very cool. :cool:
  2. Ah, the memories. I was incredibly lucky as a cadet to get the same opportunity in one of the RAAF's Hornets. Same sort of thing - burner takeoff, pick up lots of speed and then stand the thing on it's tail and head straight up. Lots of aeros, a Mach run(up to 1.3) and then some low level coastal back into base. Was the ride of my life. I didn't pass out but then we only got up to about 6G and I had some instruction in the AGSM(anti-G straining manoeuvre). Did have a barf though and just like with that guy, it wasn't the G or the speed that got me, it was the continuous roll. When the sun is just an arc on your eyes instead of a single point and your stomach is getting thrown in circles, it really gets to you.
  3. #4 Tim^, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    found another longer Blue Angels in flight vid on youtube ..

Watch as Patrick Raycraft, a Photojournalist for the Hartford Courant gets a thrilling ride in the two seat U. S. Navy Blue Angel F/A-18 Hornet fighter jet with Lt. Cdr. Kevin J. "Kojack" Davis, Blue Angel #7.

approx 13mins long