Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moose Paws - bar mitts.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jimmyjames182, Aug 7, 2009.

1. A lot of my commuting is done early or late at night on the freeway in western sydney.

Temps this time of year are around 2degrees give or take a couple. I've often arrived at my destination with very sore hands despite the winter gloves.

Was looking at something to keep the windblast off my hands and came up with these from the U.S - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moos...?hash=item4834893fe4&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116.

Found another seller on ebay that did them for $40au delivered.

Plusses - they stayed on the bars and increased my comfort levels. Cheap, no messing around with wiring / heated handgrips.

Minusses - trying to get your glove into them at anything over 60kms is a pain so you need to keep your hands on the bars. This will rule them out in the wet where you're brushing the water off your visor.

Also, the bulk of the brake resoroir, cables & killswitch on the right handgrip don't allow a tight seal so cold air gets in. I'll be able to fix this by cramming a chunk of foam rubber into the gap when they're fitted.

I'm told the oxford muffs do the same thing but MCAS wanted $90 for them. All in all, worth the $40.
  2. I'm putting handguards on for basically the same reasons.

With the muffs, I've been told to beware that windblast doesn't push the brake lever on until you cook your discs.