Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moonlike Case - Which Size?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Stephenc1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. I just picked up my Yamaha MT-03 a few days ago and already miss my top case from my old scooter.

What size do you guys recommend to store a helmet and jacket? On my scooter I've this small 28ltr case and it just fit my helmet and gloves. Could always store my jacket etc under the seat.

I've already order a Givi Monolock rack which probably will take a month or so to get here.

Which size of case should be suitable for a helmet and jacket? I see that Givi offers everything from 27 to 37ltr. Althing above I believe would look to large on the bike.
  2. I have a Third Gear 52L top box on my Er6n. Does it look dorky? Yes. Do all top boxes look dorky? Yes. Might as well be out and proud.
  3. Haha I like the attitude. Basically not too fussed about the looks but prefer it if wasn't wider than the bike.
    Saw a 42L today and I think that it easily has space for a jacket and helmet, might go try the 37L one first.