Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Monster 659 Clip ons + new top triple

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Suds, Jan 18, 2013.

1. #1 Suds, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Hello again, I didn't start off the best in my original post over in the law and politics forum. So I'd like to share with the community the latest addition to my bike and hopefully receive some friendly feedback, cables will most likely be re-routed through the triple if it doesn't obscure the dash too much..I still obviously have time to decide on the mirrors.

2. For anyone interested, the overall project requires no exceptional modification other than a small spacer picked up from the hardware store to point the headlight properly. You will however though NEED adjustable levers and aftermarket mirrors, preferably barend. Brake and clutch lines will need to be re-bled after flipping the banjo bolts.

I would recommend getting both front and rear trackstands, the front being of under the triple type, though you don't need em.

Parts used: 50mm clip ons from woodcraft, Speedymoto top triple, reservoir spacers from monsterparts.com, asv f3 shorty levers, rizoma sportline grips, rizoma flushmount ends for the looks + desired mirrors, still have to grab the spacer.

I thank you in advance for any feedback and hope you enjoy the pics.
  3. Wow, those clip-ons come very close to the tank on full-lock!

Looks nice, though.
  4. Thanks! You do lose a bit of steering but honestly not enough to notice. The stops on the lower triple where only extended out a few mm. When sitting on the bike my wrists just miss the tank, but it's definitely worth it giving it a nice over the tank feel.
  5. got some pics from front and side on?
  6. There you go, last one is just an updated pic of the completed project. Need to get rid of them bloody mirrors though, they kill it.
  7. it's going to look good in the garage for the next few months.:whistle:
  8. Ahh well time = mods, brembo master cylinders, woodcraft rearsets, rizoma mirrors, blacking out the headlight assy and ceramic coating the termi tips black + carbon centre tank pieces and exhaust gaurds too.
  9. And dust, don't forget dust.
  10. Where is the belly pan from?
  11. Damnit trolley!

Xcentrikperformance, a small company located in Spain. Great bunch of guys, will do custom work and colours on some of their parts too.
  12. Congrats on completing the mods and for doing something a little different.

It's not my cup of tea, although the belly pan looks interesting, & my back is aching just thinking about the riding position but each to their own.
  13. Thanks mate I appreciate it, the riding position definitely isn't for everyone but I love it, feels much sportier.