Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Monster 1100(s) vs. Guzzi 1200 Sport HELP

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by mowster, Sep 26, 2009.

1. :tantrum:

Monster; Loads more fun in the tight twisties, lighter, and still with accessories available like panniers etc...
    But with only 15L fuel tank???

1200 Sport; Solid, still sporty, better for distance work, 30-40 kg's heavier, 23L fuel tank...
    Some possible issues about shaft-drive; sourcing the correct transmission oil, and backlash adjustment?

I wanna bike which will be a riot in curvy roads, but still be ok for longer rides.

I had a couple ducati sportsbikes and loved them, but open to other suggestions.....

BMW K1300 R or S ?????
    Honda VFR800 ?????

Rider is 75kg, with gear on!

2. I reckon I'd go at the 1200 Sport.
  3. The Guzzi is 229kg dry and is ment to be an excellent handling bike, although surely it would feel more like a tourer compared to the featherweight monster?

If you like ducatis and want to be comfortable, maybe a multistrada (and a blindfold :LOL: ) would do the trick?
  4. Hang out for the new multistrada???

I did some of the roads behind cairns today, and was reminded how much fun a lighter, more chuckable bike can be...hhmmmm