Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mongoose 125cc - Could be fun!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by undii, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Whilst we were just seeing if K-mart sold any ok to good TVs (ours blew up last night. Took it to a repair shop close to us for a quote. K-mart was 3-5 mins away, so we went there), couldn't find any TVs worth having in the lounge room. But the interesting thing we found was seeing a Mongoose 125cc bike. Looks like it could be fun to have a blat on private property. It was priced just on $1000 or $1100 from the quick look I had at it. Has anyone been on one, seen one etc. Thoughts?

Some pics I took with my phone (damn handy having cameras in phones!)

Loz, let me know if you go to a K-mart, start one up and pop some wheelies :LOL: :grin:
  2. I got a mate that races pitbikes. He says that those kmart one are not very good and a little overpriced. The ones on ebay are better, plus u can upgrade alot of the parts on the ebay ones.
  3. looks alright for the price i guess. where do you go if you need parts? Kmart Service desk ? :LOL:
  4. yep hey are the lasest, dad can i pleeze get a bike for xmas!
  5. :shock:
    Get you bike at K-mart.
    Bike gear at Aldi.
    Fuel at woolworths.
    Helmet at the $2 shop :?
  6. kmart here has them bikes as well. they look like rubbish.
  7. Hmmm, how long i wonder until i have to pull one out from under the front of my car.. :shock: :evil:
  8. I worked at kmart for about 2 years. We got in a bike like that and I was stoked, planning to ride it around the store after hours. Unfortunately they took them off the shelves after a few days for some safety related callback..

You get what you pay for.. the shit kmart sells is just that, but they know that so they sell it cheap.
  9. Does the the little pimple faced kid with his finger up his nose ,that works in the K-mart bike section put the bike together or do I need to put it together with a allen key and chinese instructions.
    Cause I'm still having trouble putting together the tricycle i got my niece for Xmas . :LOL:
  10. Saw these in Kmart months ago, looked exactly the same as the cheap Chinese dirtbikes some of the bikeshops have been selling for a while now (which if you ask they'll usually admit are complete crap). They also had a smaller (50cc I think) version available as well. Knowing a large company like Kmart I'm sure there's some disclaimer in fine print on the box somewhere stating "not to be ridden" ;).
  11. Looks like crap,smells like crap then it probably is crap :wink:
  12. True, which brings me to one of my favorite quotes.

There is hardly anything in this world that someone can't make a little worse and sell a little cheaper.

And people who consider price alone are this man's lawful prey.

It's Unwise to pay too much, but It's worse to pay too little.

When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.

When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything.

John Ruskin 1819-1900