Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mongolian Death Worms!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Death worms that spit acid from their mouth or lightning out of their rectums...

And it's not even April 1st. :LOL:

Journalist hunts for acid-spitting Mongolian death worm

ARMED with explosives, two men are heading to Mongolia's Gobi Desert to find the fabled acid-spitting and lightning-throwing Mongolian death worm.

The worm has never been documented but some Mongolians are convinced it exists. They call it Allghoi Khorkhoi, or "intestine worm" because it resembles a cow's intestine and is about 1.5m long.
    The worm apparently jumps out of the sand and kills people by spitting concentrated acid or shooting lightning from its rectum over long distances, NZPA reports. (Seriously.)

New Zealand TV entertainment journalist David Farrier, who is organising the expedition, and cameraman Christie Douglas, leave this week to spend two weeks in the Gobi, trying to verify the worm's existence and making a documentary about it.

More at http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25874136-5013016,00.html
  2. Though I had a bad case of those. Ended up just being a bad case of mongolian food.
  3. That rice spirit they smuggle over the border from China is baaaad sh*t. :roll:
  4. They've got to be real.

I mean

... they built that giant wall to keep them out and everything.
  5. ..not opening that can......of worms!! :p
  6. :shock: I thought the wall was to keep the rabbits out! Are you saying that TV LIED???????????

Note to self, may have to rethink the whole riding across Mongolia adventure with Bell...
  7. Mockumentary or mock documentary is a genre of film and television, or a single work of the genre. Although a mockumentary may be one of the comedy genres, serious mockumentaries also exist. The mockumentary is presented as a documentary recording real life, but is actually fictional. It is a commonly used medium for parody and satire. They are often used to analyze current events and issues by using a fictitious setting around it.

Mockumentaries are often presented as historical documentaries with b roll and talking heads discussing past events or as cinéma vérité pieces following people as they go through various events. Examples of this type of satire date back at least to the 1950s (a very early example was a short piece on the "Swiss Spaghetti Harvest" that appeared as an April fool's joke on the British television program Panorama in 1957), though the term "mockumentary" is thought to have first appeared in the mid-1980s when This Is Spinal Tap director Rob Reiner used it in interviews to describe that film. One of the earliest pioneers of the mockumentary format for television comedy is Victoria Wood, who regularly included them in her 1985 series Victoria Wood As Seen On TV.

The false documentary form has also been used for some dramatic productions (and precursors to this approach date back to the radio days and Orson Welles' production of H. G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds).

Mockumentaries are often partly or wholly improvised, as an unscripted style of acting helps to maintain the pretense of reality. Comedic mockumentaries rarely have laugh tracks, also to sustain the atmosphere, although there are exceptions - for example, Operation Good Guys had a laugh track from its second series onwards.

8. that would be unreal if it were found to be true.
  9. Just like that movie Tremors with Kevin Bacon !

One of the best B-Grade movies around !
    Not as awesome as Snakes on the Plane but. :grin:
  10. omg LOL that movie was hilarious

Blast from the past that one!
  11. Has anyone seen, or more importantly has access to a copy of, The Bronswick Affair

Classic mockumentary
  12. ...so is Spinal Tap!!!..... :LOL:
  13. I believe you will find that Spinal Tap is a ROCKUMENTARY :p
  14. ... *saluting*.....I stand corrected!!!...... :LOL:
  15. Wanna see my mongolian death worm ;)
  16. ...absolutely not!!!! =;
  17. I guess I was the only person that thought of Dune *shrugs*
  18. No you weren't
  19. when they've finished they need to come here and find the Emmaville Panther and solve the problem of the Min-Min lights.....