Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Money put where mouth is: now have Triumph.

Discussion in 'Naked' started by Loz, Jun 8, 2015.

1. 20150604_171812.

• Like Like x 16
  2. Congrats on the new bike :] did you add any extras
  3. Oooooh. Pretty. :)
  4. Nice one, enjoy
  5. #5 Loz, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    So far I've just pulled off the fancy mudguard and the seat cowl, failed to pull of the silly party hat thing (apparently you need a new back for the speedo to do that) and defiled the thing with a Ventura rack.

I spent today out in the valley adjusting Swedish suspension clickers - stock settings were bloody horrible, made it feel like it had a flat tyre. Couldn't raise the rear preload, either, without taking the feckin' exhausts off, so I've dropped the front absolutely heaps. But by the end of the day it was turning and tracking pretty nicely and I got to the edges of the tyre on day 1, which is nice. I feel like a bit more time and experimentation and I could get things even better - I know that once these things are set up right, it should start feeling like an extension of my will.

I might add, I'm not usually all that interested in aesthetics, but I find the red flashes on the side disturbingly wanky. LOOKATMOI LOOKATMOI. Last thing I like to do on the road is draw attention, so I'm considering plasti-dipping those bits black.

Oh, and of course now that I own one, it's no longer the Best Bike in the Whole World Ever (tm) - having just got off a Superduke 1290 that wheelies in fourth gear, the Triumph actually feels a bit undergunned. But putting this thing on the back wheel is such a beautifully balanced feeling, it's almost like meditating.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. I like the little splash's of red & everyone knows red makes it 10% faster :]
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's making every tool in a ute want to drag race me, I fcuken hate that, because I know that means cops will be looking at me the same way too.
  8. Cops will only look at you if you take up the offer & show the tools just how stupid they really are, better to let them go and laugh.

Then occasionally stick it to them
  9. ...per square metre :LOL:
  10. In my book, no attention > some attention, so yeah I'll probably cover the red bits up. That's pretty much the basis of western civilsation right now, isn't it? Covering our red bits up?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Awesome bike!! I like the red bits. I like the Rx because it also has red wheels :)
  12. #12 Loz, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Such is your prerogative! Some people also like to wear Ed Hardy t-shirts. ;)

No, I think they look cool too - I just prefer bikes that don't look cool, because they attract less attention from thieves, wankers and cops.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. perhaps instead of putting your money where your mouth is, you should put it towards buying a spare stator and gasket
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Well you shouldn't have bought the Street Triple!! No matter what you do to it, it will look cool ;)

I like the idea of the plastidip though. Camouflage sounds like the look you will be going for ;) lol :)

Problem solved :) :)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grat's on the new Speedy Loz......

Noting like a new bike.
    Give her heaps.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. #16 chillibutton, Jun 10, 2015
    Shoulda bought a Hyosung then right...? :)

P.S congrats!

And do they charge extra for the personalized "congratulation Loz ....." sign?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. They must have, this thing cost an absurd amount of money.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. At least it comes with a free oil leak........

But seriously - a 1050 triple is hard to go past
    • Like Like x 1
  19. #19 uncle greg, Jun 10, 2015
    he didnt
    its the speed

I know that feeling well
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Why doesn't that bike have a fuel tank?
    • Funny Funny x 2